Teen BPD Before & After School Club
Designed for Middle School Students!
Tweens/Teens can enjoy a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational activities which include: group games, team building, and sports activities in a less competitive environment. There will be homework time (with tutoring available) and quiet activities such as arts and crafts and board games. Also, students will develop leadership skills through participation in local Community Service opportunities. Computers will be available for homework purposes only. The Teen BPD Club follows the District 2 school calendar. Full days off are not included in the registration fee. If you are looking for childcare on those days, please sign up for our newly redesigned Days Off School Care Program for middle school students.
Monday through Friday: 7:00-8:15am
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Fridays: 3:30 – 6:00pm
Thursday: 2:30 – 6:00pm (District 2 early dismissal)
- Before School Care students are escorted (5 minute walk time) by Park District staff from the Deer Grove Leisure Center to Blackhawk Middle School
- After School Care students are escorted (5 minute walk time) by Park District staff from Blackhawk Middle school to The Deer Grove Leisure Center
- Healthy breakfasts are provided for Before Care participants.
- Healthy cold supper and snacks are provide for After Care participants
- Energetic staff is trained in Behavior Management, Customer Service and CPR/First Aid.
- Supervisor to student ratio is 1:10
- Second sibling receives $10 discount.
- Discount for Days Off School Care Program is available on School Holidays, Institute and In-Service days
- Homework assistance
Harvard Family Research Project Facts:
Students who participate in Before and After School Programs:
- Complete homework in a timely manner
- Have better school attendance and improved behavior in class
- Have less opportunity to get involved in illegal activities
- Academics improve and stay on track to graduate
- Build personal relationships they need with trust
- Children feel safe in an environment with proper supervision.
Click here for the Registration Forms.
For more information please contact Phyllis Schmidt, Youth & Teen Supervisor at 630-238-4922 or e-mail email@example.com.