Americans with Disabilities Act, ADA
The Bensenville Park District complies with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call (630) 766-7015, if you require reasonable assistance or information towards your successful participation in this public facility.
The Bensenville Park District provides special programs and inclusion services for individuals with disabilities through the Northeast DuPage Special Recreation Association (NEDSRA).
When registering for a program, please inform our customer service staff if you, or a member of your family, require support related to the ADA. Help us serve you better.
No participant shall, on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin or disability be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits, or be limited in the exercise of any right, privilege, advantage or opportunity. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to help make Park District programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. Additional rules may be developed for particular programs and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff.
- Show respect to all participants and staff
- Refrain from using foul language
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to participants and staff
- Show respect for equipment, supplies and facilities
A positive approach will be used regarding discipline. The Bensenville Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant from a facility, program or event for violation of behavior guidelines. Each situation will be evaluated on its own merit.
Financial Aid Program Policy
The Bensenville Park District believes that all residents should have the opportunity to participate in recreational programs. The park district will attempt to provide leisure opportunities for residents faced with financial hardship, or, in need to temporary assistance. Please visit the Deer Grove Leisure Center and meet with the appropriate member of our staff. Please provide proof of financial need to qualify for assistance and come in 2 weeks prior to your program start date. Please call for further information.
The Bensenville Park District is unable to assume the responsibility for injuries or accidents occurring at programs, activities, parks and facilities. Such insurance would make program user fees prohibitive. Please check your insurance coverage before you participate.
Photographs and videos are periodically taken of participants in a class, special event or the parks. Please be aware that these photos are for Park District use only and may be used in the district’s publications, websites and/or social media accounts. Please call the Park District with any questions.
To register for anything you must update your household information. Click here to download the registration Household Information Form.
- Use the registration form provided above
- Fill out your registration carefully. Include family information at the top of the form. Please indicate if you have changed your home address, e-mail address or phone number.
- Please include your e-mail address if you wish to receive electronic updates on Bensenville Park District programs, facilities and events.
- Make checks payable to Bensenville Park District.
- Return your registration for with payment or mail the form with check, credit information or money order. Please do not send cash.
If a Class Is Full
You will be placed on a waiting list. We also will call you to assist you in finding an alternative or issue you a refund. If you register by mail, fax or in person, you will be enrolled in the class unless you hear otherwise from our customer service staff. We will help you with other options.
The Bensenville Park District makes every effort to provide complete and accurate information about the programs and classes it offers. If an error has occurred, the park district has the right to revise, delete or change any information it deems necessary.
The Bensenville Park District constantly strives to offer you the best in recreational activities, events, and programs. If you are not completely satisfied and would like to request a refund please call and we can help you with your options. Please adhere to the specific policies.
- A $5 administrative fee will be charged to all refunds.
- You may transfer to another class if space is available.
- A pro-rated refund will be issued for medical or moving reasons. Documentation required.
- Refunds take three weeks to process. Checks are mailed directly to your home.
- No refunds will be granted 24 hours before a class starts or after it has started.
- Certain facility and program refund policies may differ.
Trip Refund Policy
In the case of all trips, a refund will only be issued if a substitute can be found. Because the Bensenville Park District must pay for tickets and reservations in advance, this policy will be strictly enforced. The park district reserves the right to restrict the number of tickets/reservations sold an individual.
Toilet Training Policy
It is the policy of the Bensenville Park District that all program participants be toilet trained. Park district staff are not permitted to change diapers or soiled clothing. Participants may keep extra clothes on hand for emergency situations, however, the participant, participant’s parents or designated person may assist with the change. Pull-ups brand training pants are not acceptable. This policy does not apply to those infant tot programs where participant age is two and under.